Monday, April 21, 2014

Fish n’ Chips

I had fish and chips for the first time today! The food is questionable sometimes and amazing at other times! I love the traditional meals but the desserts (or pudding they say here) are a little different. I can't have a lot of fruit because it is too acidic for me! It is so sad because I love fruit! 
It almost properly rained yesterday when we went to teach after church but according to one of our investigators, it was not proper rain. It has been really sunny while I've been here. Cloudy too, of course, and ridiculously windy! The only times that it has properly rained is when we have been inside, so it doesn't really count.
I have been hearing stories from missionaries on how they teach someone who has no belief in God at all but then they read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and they then realize that there is a god! I always think, why would people listen to us? Why would people invite us back? But then I remember something one of the apostles said, "We need to have faith in the converting power of the spirit." Sure, some people are curious, but some are earnestly seeking for the truth. I don't have to worry about people buying my story. They don’t believe in me, they believe in Christ. The church is true!! 
The People are amazing-=the ward members, the missionaries, the investigators, everyone. I am so blessed. Everyone is so nice, even when they say no to listen to us. 
My companion and I went to visit a man named F yesterday and he is Baptist but has been taught by missionaries for a while. He is also disabled, I don't know what he has, something like Parkinson’s where he shakes a lot, but he has a strong belief in Christ. He was telling us that he felt really lonely and sad and was praying a lot that day and then we showed up! We talked to him and shared a message about Easter. He was laughing and making jokes when we left and it just shows to me that God answers everyone’s prayers! I loved visiting with him and hearing everything he had to say. He is just the sweetest old man! I love being a missionary! The church is true! Christ lived and died so that we all can live again! I hope you had a fantastic Easter and have a fantastic week! I love you!

~Sister Christensen
1 Corinthians 15:22


No comments:

Post a Comment