Monday, April 28, 2014

We are either sweating or it's raining!
                                                        

I'm sorry to hear that it rained on the wedding day but everyone looks so beautiful/ handsome!! I love all the pictures you sent me! Congratulations to Nathanael and Whitney!! I can't believe my brother is married and I totally missed it! I'm so proud of you and love you both so much! 

It rained a lot this week but I think it also rained miracles as well as water! Friday we went out to teach our dated investigator and it was very nice and sunny. We had 20 extra minutes before we had to be there so Sister Hansen and I decided to tract a street in the neighborhood before we went over. We prayed that we would get to share a little bit of our message with at least one person and the very first door we knocked on a man answered and talked with us! He took a mormon.org card and said that he was interested in learning about the afterlife and said he would look at it and we had a lesson on the spot with him! 
In the middle of our other lesson, it started pouring rain. I didn't have my umbrella, just my rain coat and I didn't have the hood on. We went to tract a street over in Brookside and we talked to this man on the street and asked him to be baptized and he said yes! 
We continued to knock doors and we talked to a man named Charles and he said he knew a little bit of all the religions around, so we talked a little bit about that. Then we gave him a family history pass along card and he pulled out this huge file on his family history, he was so excited that we gave that to him and he said would could call by anytime we were in the area. By the time we talked to him, we were completely soaked through, and his wife showed up as we were leaving and she gave us an umbrella! We said she didn't have to do that but then she said, "It's what Christians do." Ah!
I love being a missionary!!
Saturday was pretty much just as brilliant as Friday. We were able to have a lesson with an investigator we haven't been able to see for a while and she really wants to come to church but she is with her mom on the weekends and her mom doesn't want her to come to church. We were able to contact an AUF (address unknown file), or someone who has gone inactive and their information has been lost. We were able to talk with two people who are interested in learning more and we dated another investigator for baptism!!! He is so prepared and is the most spiritually in tune person I've ever met. He came to church yesterday and he was so happy! 
So many good things happened this week! I love being apart of this work! I'm glad to hear everyone is well and having a good time in the rain, even though it was cold! I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!
Love, Sister Christensen
At the tip of  Wrekin 

My district at Ironbridge


at Iron bridge (the first iron bridge built in the world)




No comments:

Post a Comment