Monday, May 5, 2014

Trains, Transfers, Baptism

This week was crazy. We did so much traveling! We went to Manchester on Wednesday for first 5-week training. That is when the mission president, the assistants, the trainers, and the trainees get together and talk about how to be better at different things about missionary work.  We worked on different kinds of finding, teaching the first vision, resolved any challenges we had, and talked about different goals we had as missionaries. It was amazing. I learned so much and it motivated me to work harder and use my time better. I loved it!
I also went on my second exchange this week to Congleton. It was so fun! I was with Sister Tolman who used to serve in Wrekin! She was the first sister missionary to serve in this area. So she asked about how everyone was doing, etc. She is almost finished with her mission, so she was sharing all of her mission wisdom with me, which was so great! I learned so much from her. We taught these people who want to be baptized but they have to stop smoking. It was interesting to see how much they recognized their need of the gospel in their lives. It makes me so happy to see how the gospel changes people’s lives to make them happier.
We had transfer calls this week, which was exciting. Everyone is staying except for Sister Manning, she has been called to be a sister training leader! (She’s the one with the long, curly, brown hair in the pictures I sent last week). She is the best, she's only been out 6 months but she is so focused and so Christ-like. I want to be just like her.

L's baptism day
Last but not least, we had our first baptism last Saturday! It was sunny and warm, perfect for a baptism! Our other investigator who is dated for baptism came as well, which was brilliant! The ward is so supportive here and just accepted Liz and made her feel so good. The church is true!
Have a great week! I love you all!
Sister Christensen

  
Baptized by Bishop Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment