Monday, May 12, 2014

POST MOTHER'S DAY
                                      

It was so good to talk to you yesterday! Everyone seems really good! Mom, I hope you had a fantastic mother’s day! Even though I know you hate that holiday (besides the fact you can talk to your missionaries ;)) I miss you all so much! 
                                                        

It is going really well over here in the eastern hemisphere! The members are great; they help us out so much. Our investigators are great too, they are all really prepared. It's good because they challenge us to be creative with our lessons and the commitments we extend. The hardest part is that our most promising investigators live far away from the church and they don't have buses that go there on Sundays! (2 Nephi 2:11 [first two lines])


There is a member in our ward from Poland and I have so much respect for him. He is so happy and loves the church even though his life has been challenging. Also, he lives in Stirchley, which is five+ miles away from the church and he walks to church every Sunday. Every Sunday! He walks. It just shows peoples dedication and how much they are willing to sacrifice for the church. We actually had a sacrament meeting on sacrifice and we talked about it in a lesson we taught after church, that whenever we sacrifice something for the church we are giving up something good only to receive something so much better.

 I love this song we listen to in the flat, it is called "I'm not the only one" And there is a line in it that says something like, "I'm saved by His grace for my slivers of perfect faith" I don't know what it actually says but How often do we make mistakes and in those moments of perfect faith we get a great reward? Just those tiny moments in our whole life we are exactly the person Heavenly Father wants us to be yet those are the moments that make His grace sufficient for us. 
                                  

I love the church! I love this gospel! And I love being a missionary! I have already learned so many things and come to a better understanding and appreciation of my Savior and His sacrifice for my sins. 

I hope you are uplifted this week and thank you for you example to me. Have a smashing week!

Love, Sister Christensen

Moroni 10:32
Fish & Chips
                                                       






No comments:

Post a Comment