Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Preston LDS Temple Trip


Sister Hansen, Sister Robertson, Sister Christensen

I went to the temple yesterday with Sister Hansen and Sister Robertson, who was so generous to drive us two hours to the Preston Temple! She is seriously the best. We left at 6:30 in the morning but it was so bright outside; so sunny and beautiful all day. England is so green! Green fields are everywhere and go on forever. I love it. All the missionaries were at the temple because it is only open on Mondays on bank holidays and yesterday was the last bank holiday until August. I feel the spirit so much more as a missionary but every time I go I think, "Where is my mom?" I miss going to the temple with you. You would love the Preston Temple.
                                    

We had stake conference last Sunday, which was so good! President Preston spoke about his parents and their conversion. There was a woman who talked about training for a marathon and paralleled it with the scriptures, which was really nice. She talked about why preparing is so important and how you have to keep going even when it is hard. There was a boy who told of his conversion story and the Area Seventy, Elder Donaldson talked about his brother’s reactivation. You might be able to see a theme here. It was a really spiritual and uplifting. This stake is so good! I never want to leave!
                                                        
I'm glad to hear you are studying Preach My Gospel! It is a good learning tool, I learn more and more from it everyday! It makes it easy to teach something so big, like the Restoration, in simple terms that are easy to understand. 

The church is true, I love you all!
Love, Sister Christensen

 
My District at the Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment