Monday, April 14, 2014

Lawley

We had two investigators come to church yesterday! One is dated for baptism and the other has been taught by missionaries before but we are going to start over and see if it helps him feel the spirit! I am so inspired by these two investigators, by their willingness to learn and their desire to come closer to Christ. They are both so good at recognizing the spirit in their lives and embracing the gospel! 
We watched the General Women's Conference last night in Newcastle. So good! I loved all the talks. Being a disciple of Christ is amazing! Hard work, but truly amazing! I love church, I  love Sundays, I love conference! It is so important to go to church because the spirit lives there! It is brilliant how, in Lawley, the church is an icon. It is a big, white building in the middle of town. Lawley has only been around for about 8 years, so when they built the church here, there were only fields. Now it is a growing community and there are homes and new families everywhere! The Lord has prepared these people to receive his gospel! I am so Lucky to serve here in Telford!
I get to speak in sacrament meeting for the first time in two weeks. They asked me to introduce myself and bear my testimony yesterday and I guessed they liked it so much that they asked me to speak again! I also get to teach my first training in district meeting this week, that will be exciting! Considering everyone in my district has been out for about a year and I am as green as they come. But it will be good. I'm teaching on praying in faith (preach my gospel pg. 93) I didn't think praying was hard until I was on my mission. It sounds weird, but praying for the right thing is hard! I also learned that you need to align your will with Gods and not ask for vain things. Maybe the reason people don't get their prayers answered is because they pray for worldly things! (James 4:3) 
Anyways, needless to say, I am learning so much here and it has been quite fantastic for my first full week in the field! I love you all and hope you have a brilliant week!
Love, Sister Christensen II

No comments:

Post a Comment