Monday, October 20, 2014

Farewell to Stafford…Hello Wales

This week has been pretty crazy. We had a miracle on Monday, music on Friday, and we got transfer calls on Saturday.
Beautiful Tree we pass by each day
So Monday, we met a man last transfer who seemed very interested. We called by him and got a return appointment. He says he is not religious but it is a conversation that has been coming up with his wife and he said he would let his children decide for themselves about religion. He invited us back for tonight to learn more, so we're on the right track!
Dad will be proud to know that I used my violin teaching a lesson! We didn't know how to teach one of our investigators because she's not really a traditional investigator where we go in, teach the lesson, then leave. She usually just tells her everything that has been going on in her life and she expects us to give her spiritual guidance. We just teach a little section of a lesson and apply it to her. She needs to take it slower, little by little. We found out that she likes music and we thought we would teach her through the hymns! We sang Abide With Me, Where Can I Turn for Peace, and Have I Done Any Good. It was great to see the spirit work with her through music. She is very sensitive to the spirit and always acknowledges God in her life. So that was amazing.
Cutest Family...The Sherrard's
Sister Sika and I are whitewashing out of Stafford. Two Elders are replacing us and one of them is training a new missionary! So that will be exciting. Sister Sika is going to St. Helens which is close to Liverpool and serving with Sister Fetuli who is also Tongan! I will be going to Rhyl in Northern Wales, right on the coast! I cannot wait! It will be so cold but I've never lived by the sea before! I'll be serving with Sister Madsen. I met her when she first came into the mission and we're already good friends so I am so excited to get to serve with her! I love Stafford and will miss the people here terribly but the I know that the Lord sends us to where we need to be and I'm grateful for the time I've had to serve here. That is pretty much it for the week, it looks like everyone had fun in Moab! So jealous, but I love you all and hope you have a stellar week!

Love, Sister Christensen :)




No comments:

Post a Comment