Monday, October 6, 2014

Quoting Amelia: #General Conference is Life

District Meeting

This week was a week of miracles. I went on exchange last week and I felt like a really didn't live up to my own expectations. I feel like I really have been lacking when it has come to travel contacting (talking to people whilst traveling or whilst out of my area). So we took the train to District Meeting last Tuesday and I talked to a woman from my old area! She was very nice and conversational. Even though she wasn't interested in religion, it was kind of a little note to me that I really do like talking to people and I just need to open my mouth and the Spirit will fill it for me. I don't have to be afraid to reach out a little bit.
We also did some finding this week and had an amazing lesson on the spot with a woman named Susan, who was a Jehovah Witness. So she wasn't interested either but she was willing to speak with us and she shared her conversion story and we bore our testimonies with her and we were very unified for that short while. It was a unique experience.
And....Conference! We went up to Newcastle-Under-Lyme for General Conference and went out on the town for an hour between sessions. A recent convert from the Newcastle Stake came with us and she stopped a man named Dan who we were able to teach and then invited him to come up to the chapel and watch the last session of conference with us. (It was the Sunday morning session but in England it airs at 5 pm so it was the last session shown at the chapel.) He came and he said he liked it! He is very opened minded and said he might come to church but not sure if he wanted to be visited by missionaries right then.


I just love conference! Sister Sika could tell you how excited it makes me :) I love how the main themes seemed to be: Having a testimony, Repenting, Keeping the Commandments, and of course the atonement is in all the talks. I love the Gospel, it truly blesses families. I know we have a living prophet today and he leads and guides this church. I love you all! The church is true! 


Love, Sister Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment