Saturday, June 27, 2015

So this week has been pretty good. I am not getting transferred! I'm staying in South Ribble with Sister Madsen! I am really glad we get to stay together for another transfer. I love this girl. We are starting to see amazing things in this area. We told the ward that we are staying together and the Bishop texted back and said, "I'm a Prophet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because he guessed that we would both stay haha! I love the friendships we are building with the ward. They are changing so much and their attitudes toward the missionaries are more positive. I absolutely love it here. 
But here are some funny things that happened this week to kind of highlight what we did from day to day :) 
So, Sister McDonnell is going home so we had her companion, Sister Arias (from Spain), and we were in a trio for a couple of hours, and she was a brunette. I am blonde, and Sister Madsen is a redhead. We were a living joke walking down the street!!!!!

We found a couple that we're hopefully going to start teaching, and their names are Pauline and John. haha, I love them. We asked them about their religious backround, and John told us he isn't religious at all, but he was christened as a baptist, so sometimes he calls himself John the Baptist. 

We were talking with some missionaries after church and I was in the middle of a story and the elders just walked away because they hadn't heard me, so I just looked at Sister Madsen all confused because suddenly I was talking to no one and I just looked at her and she said, "will ye also go away?" haha I busted up laughing! but it was also kind of embarrassing. (John 6:67)

After planning, sis M and I like to watch either Legacy or the Bible videos, and then we quote them to each other during the day. our favourite bible video is "I am the light of the world, and the truth shall make you free". WATCH IT. But, we try and act it out sometimes in our flat. this week, we performed it for a member family ;) I was the pharisee's. It was great. 

Mission leadership told us at our big meeting the other week that fist bumps are no longer dignified. and so many missionaries looked at sis M, cause that's basically all she does. sis M and I have figured out this weird high-five-hand-shake thing but we were talking to a recent convert, and he had to go, so he just clapped sis M on the shoulder and then fist bumped me and walked off. Sis M looked at me and was like, "man, we just broke like, 2 rules!" 

when sis M and I were first put back together, we were talking to a Zone Leader, Elder Van Wagoner, who used to be our District Leader when we were in Rhyl. and sis M and I are just so sassy that after talking to us for about 30 seconds he gestured to the both of us and was all, "sick. this is sick. I can't believe they put Rhyl back together!" 

"We were at Bishops for tea last week, I forgot to write this! haha. and we were in their living room, and the tele was on with "Big Hero 6" which neither of us have seen. and we were eating ice cream cones. I look over at sis C and she was zoned out, staring at the tele, so instead of saying anything, I just raised my eyebrows and licked my ice cream and watched her, until she felt my stare and did a double take, haha and you should've seen the look of shame on her face!!! haha it was the best. We re-inact it all the time" -Sister Madsen. I felt bad though because I'm waiting to watch it with Andrew when I get home because he said he wanted to watch it together..

We like to mess with our Zone Leaders, Elder Hollingsworth and Elder Werner (German). they rang us yesterday and Sister M told Elder Werner we hadn't gone to church cause I was sick. but man, he is catching on cause we tell him stuff like this all the time, like how once we told him we weren't going to come to zone meeting. haha, in his little german accent, "no, you are lying, I don't believe you". how can you lie to that? haha 
Sister Madsen loves to throw my name into sentences randomly as well. Like we'll be teaching a lesson and they will tell us they can't see out of one of their eyes and Sis M will say, "Oh yeah, sis C struggles with that as well." haha she's too funny. I wasn't actually sick! She was just trying to be funny.

Speaking of my wonderful companion, she decided to serve me this week by making me hot koolade! (this is a reference to Julian Smith for those who are confused about the source of this service.) Bless her cotton socks.


We were tracting-some english people answer the door by just opening and talking through the window- so we're talking to this man out his window and he tells us that he is not interested. So we say, "Do you know anyone in the area that may be interested?" and he said, "No, we're just a bunch of heathens around here!" I think that is the funniest thing someone has told us when we've asked for a referral.

Some of the people we are teaching are Catholic and believe that God is a Spirit and they believe in the trinity, so we've taught them about the Godhead and drawn them a picture so they can visualize what the Godhead looks like. We were talking to one of them and following up with the Godhead and what they could remember. They replied by saying, "Yep! There is Big G, JC, and spooky!" Well, they're not wrong. 

I love you all! I know the church is true and that God loves us individually. He leads His church through living prophets and he wants us to live with him again and receive the many blessings he has waiting for us. Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Christensen xx


No comments:

Post a Comment