Monday, June 29, 2015

Transfer week, but not for us!
                                             

This week has been amazing! Unfortunately we've not done too well with finding but we have a solid teaching pool. We had many members join us in teaching this week and a mini ward council yesterday and they are all so willing to help us with missionary work! It is a relief because it has been a lot of work losing the elders and we need the support of the ward. We are very loved by them here, I love them all! We had a tea appointment pretty much every night.
We got our Ipads
Also, I am really grateful that we weren't at transfer meeting because Wednesday was one of the most jam-packed successful days of my mission! We contacted some of our solid potentials and we met a man named S on Tuesday and set up an appointment to teach him Wednesday-which we thought would fall through- but it didn't! We taught him the Restoration and he is so on board with it! He is so solid, I can't wait to continue working with him. We had a member there and everything. It was spot on. 
                                            

We've seen huge growth with our investigator J since we've started taking members to her. She is really wants to be baptized but wants her family to join as well but they're not as interested. When we brought a member, she just unleashed all her questions and concerns and the member was in the same boat as J! The member's husband hadn't joined and neither did her daughter but eventually they came to accept it and were supportive of her decision to be baptized because they could see it made her happy. James, J's husband, is really supportive of it because he has seen how much it has helped J. He has curiosities about it but he supports her 100%. I think he will be baptized one day. His heart is really softening to the gospel. He sits in on the lessons, as he hadn't before. And now we see J twice a week when before she'd only been seen twice in six months!
                                     

We started seeing M again. She is doing incredible. She has cut down so much with the word of wisdom and she should be completely off of those substances in a little more than a week. We gave her a date for baptism but there was opposition of course! and she wasn't able to come to church. She can still keep her date because she's come to church the week before. We just need to keep an eye on her and making sure we're doing all that we can to help her reach her goals.
                                        
Sister Madsen and I just started re-reading the White Handbook and at the beginning it tells us to live the higher law as taught by Jesus Christ (see Matthew 5 and 3 Nephi 12). I did a study on living the higher law the other day and it lifted me out of a rut. I had the Spirit teach and testify to me of the things I need to change personally to be more obedient and to live this higher law. 
                                         
Sister Madsen and I set up a work-out routine that we do together everyday to make sure that we are getting the most out of morning exercise. We went for a run this morning! "Monday Run day" Our obedience in general has just typified with the new transfer. We have communicated out goals to Heavenly Father and I can feel him pushing us and helping us to reach them.
I love you all and I hope you are all doing well and getting used to MDT again :)
Love, Sister Christensen
                                          

for funnies:

we were on our way to meet our district for the big Street Contacting displays, and we got lost, because we were in Preston (not our area). So we called the Preston sisters to ask where we were and where we needed to go, and cute French sister Fewou answered the phone and was talking to me, and was trying to give directions... haha I couldn't understand her accent! "Go past the chinese buff-ett." I turned to Sister Madsen, "what is a buff-ett?!" haha, she said, "buffet! this isn't her first language lol." "go past the stop-les". stop-les? stop-les... staples!!! gotchya! 

We were driving and a driver let us in and it was awkward for me to wave and say thank you because I was still turning, so Sister Madsen waved at him, and I said, "thanks for waving for me". She then continued on to give him the queens wave and I looked at her and see that she's still waving, and I said, "you flippin weirdo, let me do the waving". haha we quote that all the time ;)

since the elders left south ribble all the members and missionaries have been asking us how we feel about it. our response is we lean our heads together and tap our fingers together and say, "it's all going according to plan". haha the peoples faces are priceless! (it seriously is a big responsibility though, and trust me, we feel it!)

We taught recent convert Rachel over ice cream on Saturday, and she put pics of us on facebook, and then said, "you're always eating!" then she scrolled through the pics of members who've put pics of us on facebook and yes. they are all of us eating. ha. first world problems. It's okay, because this is a transfer of new beginnings.

We were teaching A, and he LOVEs nature. so much that he walks to Preston to church and he enjoys it. he was talking about gardening and he said, "see those out there? some call 'em weeds, I call 'em plants...." haha. he is an interesting character. 

We were going to pray, and Sister M asked who's turn it was, and she made fun of me because I had my head tilted back and I raised my hand kind of slow. She said I looked like Napolean Dynamite's face it was so funny. the more amusing bit was it wasnt' on purpose. but I was tired! 

We almost have all the scenes in Legacy down.(film from the Doctine and Covenants DVD) it's great. ;) we act them out whilst tracting usually. sometimes we use lines in conversations with other people but they don't notice. It is like we have a secret code but we're just quoting church movies :)
Exchanges with Sister Fetuani & Sister Ranku



Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment