Tuesday, June 17, 2014

    NEW COMPANION                                    
                                      

So we had transfer calls on Saturday. Sister Hansen is moving to Liverpool Zone and I am staying in Wrekin and serving with Sister Church. I think she was foreordained to be a missionary. 
This week was really good. We didn't have a ton of lessons but I still learned so much. I am sad that Sister Hansen is leaving. I have learned the most from her. She never gets mad at me or rebukes me. She is patient and loving and diligently works toward being the most obedient missionary she can be. I don't know how I'm going to serve without her but she is going to be so good in her new area! She has made such a difference here.
We have one new investigator that we met this week. His mom is a member and his dad is an investigator that the Elders teach. His mom is completely deaf, so it is difficult to communicate with her because she won't learn sign language. We were visiting her and he came in and was very upset. He was also drunk. About a half an hour later, he came back in the room and told us all about his situation "so that we didn't get the wrong impression of him." He has had a hard life but he still believes in God. He recognized that we were there to help him and wants to overcome smoking and drinking. It was such a miracle! I am so excited to teach him because I know how the gospel will bless him and his family.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you so much!
Love, Sister Christensen


Royal Air Force Museum with new convert



No comments:

Post a Comment