Monday, September 1, 2014

Work Hard!
                                      

This week has been busy! And it is only going to get busier! Time is just flying, I can't believe it. It doesn't feel like I've been in Stafford for 5 weeks already!
I just want to start off with opposition is real! But it is good because just as there is an opposition to all good things, there is an equal opposition to bad things (if not greater/stronger opposition to bad, if you are on the Lord's side.) Newton's third law tell us that to every action there is an EQUAL and OPPOSITE reaction. 
We were on a spiritual high from last weeks baptism and it feels like everything up to this point has been effortless. The start of the week was a little rough because of our plans falling through but we adjusted and worked! We had a really uplifting training on Wednesday that really motivated us to set our goals high and raise our expectations. In Preach My Gospel, It says that when we lower our expectations, our effectiveness decreases. So we must raise our expectations so that our effectiveness will increase! We ended up being able to find five new people to teach but have to work hard in order to help them come to church, have all the lessons, and prepare to make promises with our loving Heavenly Father.
Last Saturday we had three solid lessons set up and were so excited to teach those three people. All of them fell through! Not one of those lessons happened. Luckily, though, we had some good back-up plans. Tracting. I was tired and feeling a little under the weather and disappointed that none of the lessons worked. But Sister Sika was fired up and determined so we went and we knocked that first door and two boys answered and we were able to teach them! They were so interested and asked us a lot of questions, so we set up a return appointment to share more with them!
Later that same day, we went to call by a potential investigator when his parents answered the door. He didn't come to the door but we taught his parents and we were able to see the Spirit touch their hearts. 
I think what I have learned the most this week was that even though we make appointments and have set plans, Heavenly Father has greater plans. He knows what we need to be doing and where we need to be. Sister Sika and I studied this week about finding people and there is a quote in Preach My Gospel that says "You need to do everything you can to be placed in the path of those who are prepared to receive the gospel." Wow. I have been praying the whole time for prepared people to be placed in my path but now I know that I need to be place in their path. I need to be where they need me to be. God has prepared a way for them to find us, we need to follow his direction to make us findable!
I hope you all have a fantastic week and know that I love you so much!
Love, Sister Christensen








No comments:

Post a Comment