Monday, November 10, 2014

I’ve Decided….I’m Getting A Castle!

We went to Conwy Castle last Monday! I went to a Castle in Wales! How many people can say that? Probably a lot, if you're from Wales..
Anyway, This week has been wonderful! We had a few miracles throughout the week. Tuesday, we went up to Denbigh and we were walking down this road and Sister Madsen remembered knocking a door the first week she was in the mission so we knocked it again and L answered! A former investigator. She said it was a bad time and was about to turn us away but something changed her mind and she told us to come in. We sat down and she just opened up to us about how stressed she was and about everything that is going on in her life. What was really miraculous though was she moved houses on Friday, we went by her on Tuesday so we were able to get her new address and we'll be teaching her this week. 
We went to a tea appointment and got there early so we prayed and did some tracting for forty minutes and we had four lessons, two new investigators, and one potential investigator. Our two new investigators are also families! It was so amazing! I have never had such strong lessons on peoples door steps. It reminds me of a talk that says when we teach people on the street or in front of their house,  piece of sidewalk was consecrated for just that moment and it becomes holy ground.

A similar thing happened the next day. We got to an appointment 20 minutes early and did some tracting. It is funny because we planned on doing tracting closer to our flat but we didn't think we had time but we ended up being early so we tracted somewhere else. We met Laura, a mum of two boys, who is also a new investigator! Later that same day, we called by a referral that has been impossible to contact but she answered the door! We prayed with her, and it was so cute, she just kept saying thank you while we were praying. We also have an appointment with her this week!
Last one, we met with Bishop and he gave us two streets to tract. There is a walkway that goes between the two streets and we prayed on the corner of the walkway to begin our finding and a man saw us and started talking to us about it and now he is a new investigator as well! He has been to pretty much every church and he has even read some of the Book of Mormon but not much, so he doesn't know what to think about it. 
I just want to end with telling you how much I love Wales! I love the members here! They’re are my family too and they are so excited about missionary work and involve the missionaries in everything. I love serving here! I am so grateful for the gospel and I feel so privileged to be sharing it with the people of Great Britain! There is no greater cause than this, to share the gospel! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Christensen 















This is what Welsh looks like


Found my Knight in Shining Armour


I made a delicious breakfast



I got my Halloween package


No comments:

Post a Comment