Monday, November 3, 2014

The Ways of the Welsh

Me & Sister Madsen
I feel like I am so clever with my email headings sometimes :) My first week in Rhyl has been absolutely fantastic! I love the people here! The members are so kind and they think I'm really cheeky, which british people like I guess.. But Sister Madsen and I have been getting along famously and it makes the work so fun.
We visited a lot of members this week, which was really fun. I loved getting to know them right away, I feel like I've known most of them since the pre-existence. We've also had a tea appointment literally everyday this week. I am going to get fat. Not complaining though! "Let your soul delight in fatness" (2 Nephi 9:51 or Isaiah 55:2).
Sister Madsen is amazing. She is so happy about serving and is very supportive. I feel like I'm relearning a lot because of the past couple of transfers and she is a great teacher. She's been out two transfers less than me but our companionship is very equal. We have the same goals for this area and really desire to work hard and do our best. I feel like there are no limitations, we get to work hard all the time and don't have to worry about anything stopping us! We've had a great week already and everyday is good. I am so excited for this transfer.
We had a miracle last night, actually. We were walking back to our flat and we stopped a girl going home from work. When we first started talking, I thought she felt we were really weird and wanted to get away from us but we kept talking and asking her questions, just having a good conversation when she asked where we're from and why are we in Wales? We told her that we're missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and we're out sharing a message about how we can be with our families forever. She is really close to her sister and liked that idea. She said all churches should be like that. So then we had a gospel conversation with her and prayed with her. Then we asked if she would like to meet again and learn more. She thought about it for a second then said, "Why not?" It was so exciting! She's a new investigator and we're going to see her on Friday!
We have a Zone Meeting on Wednesday and dad will be happy to know that I'll be playing my violin for it! Finally! We're doing "Come Unto Christ" which is the Youth Theme for 2014 and my beautiful companion and a couple of other missionaries will be singing and such. Should be good! I'll try to have Sister Ulrich record it and hopefully put it on the mission facebook page or something.
I hope everyone is doing well and has a great week!

Love, Sister Christensen
A member crochet'd this dragon for me



We made our own Halloween Fun






I'm in Wales





New District: Elder's Van Wagonen and Jolley
Sister's Klemm & Ryser
Me and Sister Madsen

No comments:

Post a Comment