Monday, May 18, 2015

It's been a blustery week in the hundred acre wood :)


Hiya! I hope everyone is doing well. I've been good despite the wind and the rain :) 
We had a great week this week. We were able to see most of our investigators so that was a miracle. This week will be a bit harder because they are all on holiday! But I finally met Jane and she is a sweetheart. We talked about the Book of Mormon with her and I got to know her a bit. 
Celebrating with Ice Cream that Sister Madsen passed her driving test!

I also met Diane and Rachael. Diane is the mum and she is in love with Donny Osmond. She has pictures with him set up on her mantle. She is so funny! No matter where we went with the lesson, it would always come back to Donny. She absolutely loved it when I said we were 5th cousins. I showed her my little family history booklet and showed her a picture of uncle Bruce because I think he looks the most like the Osmonds. I also told her about Jeff and Amy. They are a riot and such a sweet family. I'm so excited to keep teaching them and seeing how the gospel can strengthen their family.
We have a new investigator named Jim and he is so good! We taught him the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon. When he took the Book of Mormon he took it and held it in his hands as if we had just given him something so fragile and valuable. 

It has been a really productive week because we have been getting in contact with the sisters old investigators that they haven't been able to contact for months and we're able to make some good progress with them. I love this area. The people are so good and are definitely being prepared.
Dad will be proud to know that I organized a musical item for our zone meeting this last week. Sister Madsen and two other sisters sang and I played the violin for accompaniment. It was a self-arrangement of I Know That My Redeemer Lives, Sweet Hour of Prayer, and Did You Think to Pray? I think it turned out alright :)

I love you all and I love being a missionary in Sunny England. The Church is true and is the best thing in the world. I hope you have a brilliant week!

Love, Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment